If you find yourself facing any of these other legal issues, contact us to see how we may serve your needs:
- Probation Violation
- There are many types of circumstances that could result in a probation violation charge. Whatever the case is, the most important factor to know is that it is critical that you have a skilled defense lawyer assisting you with this charge.
- Asset Forfeiture
- Asset forfeiture is where the government decides to confiscate certain assets during a criminal investigation. Criminal asset forfeiture is normally carried out in a sentence after an individual has been convicted of a particular crime. According to the FBI website, asset forfeiture takes the profit out of crime. If you have been charged with a crime and are now facing criminal asset forfeiture as part of your sentence, Jonathan Wallis can help. He will challenge the forfeiture proceedings and do what he can to help you protect your property.
- Landlord/Tenant Issues
- The Law Office of Jonathan M. Wallis offers Virginia landlord-tenant attorney services, representing landlords and tenants in both residential and commercial settings throughout Central Virginia. We handle all types of rental matters including negotiations of original leases, drafting amendments, renegotiations, evictions, complex litigation for damages, and breach of contract disputes.
- Administrative Law
- Our government is becoming more complex all the time. As a result, there is a good chance that you will cross paths with a federal, state or local government regulatory agency whether it be in a contested, litigation-type proceeding, or a rule-making setting where the agency is proposing new regulations. The Law Office of Jonathan M. Wallis represents clients in proceedings before these state and local administrative agencies.
- Construction Law
- When you hire a construction professional for renovation, remodeling or a new building, you expect professional work and professional behavior. Unfortunately, that is not always what you get. You do not have to accept subpar work. You can fight back.
- Employment Law
- At The Law Office of Jonathan M. Wallis, we represent private sector, state, county, and municipal employees in the Commonwealth of Virginia in various types of investigations, county and state grievance procedures, disciplinary actions, whistleblower issues, equal employment opportunity (EEO) matters, and executive, non-compete and severance agreements. There are a number of important employment and contractual rights that are afforded to Virginia employees. Therefore, it is important for employees in Virginia to seek legal advice from an attorney who is knowledgeable about Virginia employment laws and who will evaluate their rights under the laws.
- Worker's Compensation
- Our law firm focuses on standing up for the rights of injured workers. This means not only going after the needed workers' compensation, but also if a third party played a role in your accident, we will pursue additional personal injury compensation. In the end, our top priority is helping workers and their families recover after an accident.
- Business Litigation
- Whether you are starting a business, buying or selling a business, or closing a business, an attorney that will look out for your needs is essential. While operating your business, there is a good chance that you will have the need to draft a contract or litigate a contract dispute.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- There are different ways to achieve a final resolution of a difficult issue. Sometimes the parties to a dispute are able to work it out by themselves. Sometimes they lock into entrenched positions and resort to costly, time-consuming and unpredictable litigation. Between these extremes, alternative dispute resolution is often an attractive option for parties in conflict.
The Law Office of Jonathan M. Wallis, PLLC
Attorney and Counselor at Law